Hello Bulldog Nation,
Welcome to Bulldog Bulletin–a monthly newsletter sent to parents, and staff and posted on our social media platforms so that our community and beyond can read about happenings and news from the Mahomet-Seymour School District.
I want to start off with recognizing just some of the most recent accomplishments and successes of our students. This is not meant to be an all inclusive list–there are many more accolades that could be mentioned!
Congratulations to the following groups and people:
- Our Wrestling Team–finished 3rd in the IHSA State Class 2A Team Duals this past weekend, bringing home a large and beautiful trophy!
- For the first time in the program’s history, the Girls Basketball Team won the Sectional Championship on Friday, February 25, 2022.
- Our Boys Basketball Team, Regional Champions as of Friday, February 25, 2022, will play in the Sectional on March 2, 2022
- Max Katz was our first ever Bulldog qualifier in the IHSA State Diving Competition.
- MSHS Winter Color Guard won the 2022 IDTA Class AA State Championship for Flag Performance on February 12th
- Jazz Band the band was chosen to be a featured performance ensemble for the ILMEA All State Conference in Peoria in January. Only four or five Illinois high school jazz ensembles a year receive this honor!
- ILMEA All-State Honors Chorus: Max Bartlett
- ILMEA All-State Chorus: Lizzy Hanson, Miranda Morrissette, Leah Nykaza
- The Jazz Band also finished 2nd at the Eastern Illinois University Jazz Band Competition.
- WYSE Team (World Youth for Science and Engineering) won their Regional competition on Feb 26 and moves onto the Sectional.
- Eight singers from MSJH were selected to the ILMEA District 3 Junior Honors Chorus earlier this year.
- The MSHS Chess Team competed at the IHSA State Chess Tournament in mid-February, coming in at 46th place in an incredibly tough and challenging competition. Our students far exceeded expectations –they entered as the 60th seed.
- Our MSJH Wrestling Team took first place in the IESA Regional Wrestling Tournament on 2/26 and qualified 20 of our wrestlers to move on to the IESA Sectional.
- Mahomet Seymour High School had 54 Illinois State Scholars in the Class of 2022.
The successes of our students in and out of the classroom is a reflection on our exceptional staff and coaches and the support of our parents and community–thank you. Again–what’s listed above is just a sampling! One year ago at this time, we were struggling to get through athletic competitions and fine arts performances due to COVID 19. What a difference a year can make!
Other Mahomet-Seymour CUSD #3 News:
On Tuesday, February 22, 2022, our Board of Education voted to place a $97.9 million bond issue on the ballot in the election on June 28, 2022. A brief overview of what is included:
- A new 6th-8th grade building to be constructed south of Middletown Prairie Elementary
- Additions/improvements/site upgrades to Lincoln Trail, Middletown Prairie and Mahomet-Seymour High School.
- Relocating the Transportation Dept. to the area south of Middletown Prairie Elementary
Please visit this website for more information (and, much more information will be forthcoming from the school district.)
Important Upcoming Dates:
- March 9, 2022 is a 2 hour Early Dismissal Day for all buildings. Buses run regular routes and Kids Club is in session.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences start next week. Thursday Evening March 10, 2022 is set aside for conferences.
- March 10, 2022: Deadline for parents to complete the 5 Essentials Survey
- March 11, 2022: NO SCHOOL
- March 14-18, 2022: Spring Break
- March 20, 2022: FIRST DAY OF SPRING!
- March 21, 2022: Return to School
Finally, I will send out another plea for applicants for positions in our Transportation Department and for Kids Club after school program. We are extremely short staffed in both of these areas. More information can be found at:
Thank you for reading! Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns about anything related to the school district.
You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call me: 217-586-2161 or 309-613-3142
Dr. Lindsey A. Hall
Superintendent of Schools